he Youth Collaboratives of Georgetown County includes groups of practitioners and retirees who volunteer their time to work together to improve the lives of children and youth in the Georgetown community using one of the most powerful tools for change – collaboration.
We believe we can help children, youth and their families best when people, organizations, and agencies work together. We believe it’s important to:
- Set common goals and objectives
- Make commitments to exchange information (including data about the impact of our programs)
- Share resources (including time, talents and finances)
- Coordinate activities (especially training)
- Value transparency and responsiveness to each other and to the community
- Help each other implement quality practices to achieve organizational excellence
- Maintain trusting relationships with each other
Our collective vision is that all children and youth will have opportunities to reach their full potential. We want all children who grow up and choose to live in Georgetown County to be able to say they have had sufficient opportunities to become contributing members of this community.