Early Learning Council
Who are we?
We are a group of civic and professional leaders who champion the education and wellbeing of young children (0-5).
What do we do?
We share this Vision and Mission:
Vision: All children in Georgetown County will reach their full potential. Mission: To champion the education and well-being of young children (0-5) through advocacy and promotion of opportunities which allow them to reach their full potential.
We champion the following for children 0-5 years of age:
- quality education
- quality health care
- community leadership directed towards our vision and mission.
Members of the Council
- Carolyn Ellis, Chair – Civic Leader – Retired Professional Educator
- Phines Black – Inclusion Specialist – SC Inclusion Pee Dee Region
- Othelia Britton- Healthy Families Georgetown Program Director
- Natasha Brockington- Miss Ruby’s Kids Director of Programs
- Sally Garr Brodhead – Civic Leader – Retired Attorney
- Eunice Brown – Civic Leader – Retired Professional Educator
- Fedrick Cohens – Director of Curriculum and Instruction -Elementary Grades for Georgetown County School District
- Lynne Ford – Member of the Georgetown County School Board
- Patti Hammel – Member of the Georgetown County School Board – Retired Professional Educator
- Lee Jones – Professional Educator
- Betsy Marlow – Civic Leader – Retired Professional Educator and Nonprofit Executive Director
- Barbara Nesbit – Civic Leader – Retired Professional Educator
- Vervatine Reid – Civic Leader – Retired Professional Educator
- Madeleine Ritchie – Civic Leaders – Retired Professional Educator – Founder Emerita
- Ayesha Smith – Executive Director of Georgetown County First Steps
- Shelia Sullivan – Georgetown Library Director of Services for Children and Youth
- Manija Torian – Quality Coach – SC Child Care Resources and Referral Pee Dee Region